DoGoodery (“Company”, “We”, “Us”, “Our” or “DoGoodery”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with the policy herein. This policy describes the types of information that may be collected when you visit our Website and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
We recognize the particular importance of protecting privacy when children are involved. Our Website is not intended for anyone under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website, register on the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from anyone under 13 years of age without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
Information You Provide to Us
We do not collect personally identifiable information (“PII”) about you unless you voluntarily provide it. Examples of PII which an individual may provide to DoGoodery are that individual’s first and last name, title, physical address, telephone number, or e-mail address. The PII we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide in order to subscribe to the Website newsletter. We may also collect records and copies of any other information you provide to use in your communications with us. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website. This information may be provided directly by you, or automatically; for example, when you call us, we may receive your telephone number.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website. Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
In addition to the above, we collect certain anonymous (non-personally identifiable) information (“non-PII”) to help us improve the Website and all other DoGoodery websites and to evaluate the access and use of DoGoodery websites’ materials and the impact of DoGoodery websites on the worldwide community. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain non-PII about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
We also use "cookies" to improve your DoGoodery web experience and to collect anonymous information about how you use DoGoodery websites. A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. You may refuse to accept browser cookies as well as delete cookies by activating the appropriate settings on your browser. Visiting and surfing on our DoGoodery websites is possible without cookies. If your browser is configured not to accept cookies, you will still be able to access DoGoodery websites and their content.
Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
Pages of our Website [and our e-mails] may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or [opened an email] and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Web Analysis Tools.
We may use other web analysis tools that are built into the DoGoodery websites to measure and collect anonymous session information.
. You can prevent Google Analytics from recognizing you on return visits to this website by disabling (opting out) the Google Analytics cookie
. You can also view and change the currently available settings for Google Ads
. You can see how Google uses information from sites or apps that use their services here.
When we report information about the Website, and other DoGoodery websites’, access, use, and impact, we report aggregate, non-personally identifiable data. Occasionally, we report quoted feedback from users. We do not attribute feedback to specific individuals unless we obtain permission to use that person's name along with the feedback.
For information about managing your privacy and security settings, as well as opting-out of certain data collection, see Your Choices and Rights Relating to your Information
We do not endorse or control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. Third parties might use your information differently than our policy permits. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Your Choices and Rights Relating to your Information
. The Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) has also developed an informative site to help you safeguard your online privacy and provide a way for you to opt-out of interest-based messaging. To learn more, visit the NAI at www.networkadvertising.org/choices
.How We Use Your Information
DoGoodery has a legitimate interest in the personal information we collect and how we use it. We may use the information that you provide to us and we collect about you, including any PII:
- To notify you about changes to this Website, the DoGoodery websites, or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To administer and provide our services.
- To respond to client inquiries.To survey you about your use or opinion of this Website.To inform you of general DoGoodery updates and events.
- To ask for your support.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To measure and improve our products, business, products, services, and performance. including our programs and website layout and content.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.For any other purpose with your consent.
- At your request, we will remove your contact information from our files. For information about managing your privacy and security settings, as well as opting-out of certain data collection, see Your Choices and Rights Relating to your Information
DoGoodery takes all reasonable technical, physical, and organizational security measures required to protect your personal data from loss, unauthorized disclosure or other forms of misuse. Data is stored in a safe environment that is not open to public access. Our staff has been trained in privacy matters and in dealing with data and information, which they gain access to in a responsible manner.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Your Choices and Rights Relating to your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information: - Tracking Technologies and Advertising.
- Promotional Offers from the Company.
If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com
. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions. - Targeted Advertising.
If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by [OPT-OUT METHOD]. For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept all browser cookies.
- Accessing and Correcting Your Information.
You may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
to request access to, change, correct, limit, restrict or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI
") on the NAI's website.
Last Updated: 6/1/2021